Sunday, September 14, 2008

Vaccines & Antiboitic Prophlaxis

It is always amazing to me how children with Heterotaxy are so different from each other. No 2 children are alike. We all parent differently and each one of our children our so different from the next.

As a parent, I do my best to protect my daughter from becoming sick. In Chloe’s case, she takes a daily dosage of Antibiotic Prophylaxis and has received extra vaccines to help protect her from a serious life-threatening illness known as sepsis. One's body's response to a bacterial infection may cause it.

Chloe takes a daily dosage of amoxicillin because she has had colds that have spiraled out of control since she was an infant. Chloe has had (4) pneumonia, numerous of ear infections, sinus infection, eye infections, bronchitis and hospitalized February 2008 for influenza B.

Some parents may not agree with me and think it’s wrong to give a child a daily dosage of Antibiotic. They might even try to instill their opinions and explain why I should rethink this decision. However, at the end, this is choice along with our child’s doctor we made to safe guard the well being of my child.

1 comment:

Sophie's Mom said...

Anabella:
I couldn't agree with you more....you know what is best for your child...and if I had known Sophia could die from a simple infection I would have had her on antibiotics from day one...AND I would keep her on them as long as you possibly can...you are an incredible Mom--and it is no one else's business...hang in there