Wednesday, May 20, 2009

EARLY INTERVENTION

My son Brady will soon stop receiving Early Intervention. He will be turning three this week. My family has been extremely lucky with the valuable techniques that were provided to us. I owe a lot of my son’s progress to Early Intervention. Early Intervention offers remarkable services to parents, caregivers and for children under three, who have disabilities or developmental delays.

If your child receives a diagnosis of a disability, or has a development concern at birth, or soon thereafter; then early intervention will teach you important tools for developmental gains. This will only work if there is a team effort. Families really need to implement the techniques that Early Intervention shows you. Early Intervention will also provide parents with up-to-date information.

Early Intervention is a wonderful program that has helped my son out because he now is starting to vocalize to me what his needs are. I will miss our weekly visits with my son’s speech pathologist. She has left an impression on my family and I know that we will never forget the “building blocks” she has taught us.

No comments: