Sunday, August 17, 2008

WALK A MILE IN MY SHOES

If I could be you, if you could be me
For just one hour, if we could find a way
To get inside each other's mind
If you could see you through my eyes
Instead your own ego
I believe you'd be you'd be surprised to see
That you've been blind
Walk a mile in my shoes
just walk a mile in my shoes
Before you abuse, criticize and accuse
Then walk a mile in my shoes

Lyrics by Elvis Presley
**********************************************************************************

The lyrics to this song pretty much sums up how I am feeling today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am not sure how to do this - I have never been on a blog site before. I found your website through a google alert for heterotaxy. I am finding your website very informational and inspiring.

Our son Billy was born on Jan 22, 2008 with heterotaxy. He is bi-lateral left-sided (polysplenia with functional asplenia - he has 5 little spleens), a midline liver, no gall bladder, stomach on the right side and multiple heart defects. He received a heart transplant on Feb 21, 2008 and is going great. If you are interested go to www.caringbridge.org and type in babyjohnson1 for our site.

Will try to read & write more but I am at work now and they expect me to produce something occasionally (ha ha)