Friday, February 27, 2009

Another Pneumonia

Chloe has pneumonia again. This makes it her fifth one and she is only six years old.

Chloe had an immunologist appointment today. Chloe's doctor always takes her time when listening to Chloe’s lungs especially when she has a cold. She said, that she heard a crackling sound in her lower lobe and wanted Chloe to have an x-ray to make sure that it was indeed pneumonia. The x-ray did show that Chloe had the beginning of pneumonia.

You know, I brought Chloe to the doctor’s office on Wednesday to have her checked out because she was coughing a lot. Chloe saw the nurse. The nurse said, Chloe was fine and looked fine. I felt so stupid. I thought it was me being over paranoid. I should have listened to my gut and had them do an x-ray. It makes me mad that the nurse didn't pick up on it. I took the time to explain Chloe’s health condition. Do you think this nurse would have taken the time to check my daughter out instead of rushing the exam?

Chloe’s immunologist doctor is great. I really like her a lot. She is a Godsend. The immunologist is going to contact Chloe’s Pulmonolgist to let them know what is going on. Chloe has a Pulmonolgist appointment in March. The doctor wants her to have x-rays to see if any changes are going on in lungs because of all the infections she has had.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am a pediatric cardiologist and came across your blog from my Google Alerts (I have worked on heterotaxy for more than a decade.)

Is there a particular post which discusses your child's starting diagnosis?

I assume that most or all of the links on the right-hand side of your blog are hyperlinks to other families' websites (concerning their children who also have heterotaxy)?